Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sometimes I Really Hate That Life Goes On...

Somedays I can't stand that people post status updates on facebook saying how great their day was or how they can't wait for this weekend because it will be the best ever. Didn't they just see that my sister died? How dare they have a happy birthday or enjoy a night out. My world came to a screeching halt and theirs just goes on like it always did.

At other times it's comforting.

Benjamin needs me to get up and take care of him. He needs to be fed, clothed, bathed and played with all day. Dave can't do it all. Taking care of Benjamin makes me happy because if you've ever seen him, you know it's impossible not to smile around him. He helps me wade through my grief because he forces me to get up and have a purpose every day. Without him, I imagine it would take so much longer to make peace with my grief because I'd just stay in bed all day and cry.

Seeing those posts on facebook also gives me hope that I will soon be back to posting the good things in my life and that one day I will be truly excited about something again.

No comments:

Post a Comment