Sunday, June 26, 2011

Quiche Doreen

Today I made a new type of quiche and all I could think about was how much Doreen would've liked it and how sad I was that she would never taste it. I loved when she would come to Baltimore to visit me. I would plan meals in advance and I'd always ask for her input on what to make for her and the girls. I loved that she enjoyed my cooking and had her favorite dishes. She would request some different things each time, but she always requested my quiche. Today I made one with a homemade hash brown (not the frozen ones) crust. I was quite pleased with the way it turned out. I will make it again and tweak it a little each time until I've perfected it. That's the way I roll with all my favorite recipes. But she will never eat it and that is painful to me. I'd like to name it Quiche Doreen but I will never know if she would prefer the hash brown crust or the flakey tart crust I usually make.

Everytime something new happens it will be bittersweet because Doreen won't be there to see it, try it, make fun of it or talk about it on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment