Sunday, November 1, 2009

The In-laws are Coming!!

HELP!

Okay, the thought of my in-laws coming really excites me. I love my in-laws, and I love having people over in general. There is just an added pressure I place on myself to please my husband's family. Also, this will be my first Thanksgiving dinner in my new home, and the first turkey I've ever cooked. So I am stressed due to the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm starting early though, so hopefully I won't burn the house down.

What this visit entails is 4 extra adults and 2 children coming to my house, which is still mostly furniture-less and not quite organized from the move. In 3 short weeks, I need to come up with places to sleep for everyone, and hopefully clean and comfortable ones. I also need to make sure the attic and garage are not a complete disaster. Making them clean and well-organized is too lofty a goal for me. Then, I need to come up with about 10 meals which everyone will eat. This is an impossible task for this group, as they don't necessarily encourage the children to eat what is served. (mental note: have hot dogs on hand...and kraft mac-n-cheese-yuck!). Lastly, I need to think of things to keep these people occupied, and perhaps give them a taste of Baltimore.

Wish me luck as my brain works overtime these next few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Well at least with little furniture, it'll be easier to clean, right?? :) I have found that 'Danger - Keep OUT' signs on the attic and garage doors work well. LOL

    ReplyDelete