Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pick Myself Up, Dust Myself Off, and Start All Over Again....

I had one of those idyllic moments this morning. Dave was dancing around with a laughing and smiling Benjamin, and I was making handmade Christmas gifts, all while listening to "Happy Together" by the Turtles. I was just thinking about how wonderful everything was, and how we are living the dream when Dave accidentally spilled coffee all over everything I was working on. I wasn't mad, but I couldn't help but think of it as a metaphor for my life recently. Just when I'm truly happy and truly thankful, something happens in a blink of an eye to ruin it. It's tempting to think it's not even worth it to heal and rebuild, but it is. I guess that's why I keep doing it every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment